Thursday, July 7, 2016

Plans for this Summer!

Hi Teacher Friends!

I'm really really working on getting my blog up and running for this year so I'm taking baby steps to get there!

My name is Sarah and I teach 4th grade in California! I am starting my third year. This fall I am going back to school for a Masters in STEM Education (Science, Technology, Engineering and Science) and I am excited about it! Since this is the first post I've done since I started this blog just some quick facts about me.
I love dark chocolate, tea and anything Disney!
I am a a super nerd.
I love reading especially along the lines of fantasy and mythology.
Currently I am addicted to subscription boxes that include Stitch Fix, Fandom of the Month Club, Owlcrate, LitCube, CMYFabrik, Once Upon a Book Case and I just started ipsy! Part of my blog will be dedicated to those boxes to add some variety!
Some of my hobbies include reading, travel, sewing, crocheting, and spending time with friends and families.
I also love card games.
I just started sewing and I am hoping my schedule will include time for me to sew while I am getting my Masters.
I also teach Children's Church at my church on Sundays.

Along with my blog, I've different social media handles that will be connected to this blog. In fact, I think I had them before I had the blog... Anyway!
Instagram: @circleofteacherlife
Twitter: @circleteachlife
Facebook: Circle of Teacher Life page.

Check them out! Let's connect! I love following teacher friends!

I do not currently have a Teachers Pay Teachers handle but I probably will Summer of '17 just so I do not commit to too many things while I'm going back to school.

Now I want to talk about my plans for summer!
So far these are the things that I have done! ( School has been out since June 8)
1. Took church kids to Church Camp
2. Started my first Master's Course
3. Read Apollo: The Hidden Oracle
4. Sewed pillowcases (everyone gets a pillowcase!)
5. Worked in my classroom (still need more work)
6. Went to a baseball game for the 4th of July
7. Went on a teacher team bonding trip to Santa Cruz! (Love my grade level team!)

These are my plans for the next 4 weeks! We go back August 10th (but trainings start the 1st)
1. Trip to Universal! (Harry Potter Land)
2. Family Trip to Disneyland! (Last one before the 60th Celebration decorations come down)
3. Work in my classroom!
4. Trip to Santa Clarita
5. Create Homeworkopoly for my classroom!
6. Perfect my Dojo Store (Class Dojo)
7. Start Lesson Planning
8. Read more books (Winter, Red Queen, The Heir, The Glass Sword, The BFG are currently my goals)
9. Sewing projects (more pillowcases....)
10. Clean/Organize (Room, desk, laptop, phone.... my life... etc)
11. Visible Learning/Thinking training

As you can see... there are more things to do than not. Hahaha! I'll let you know how those goals go when school starts!
What do you guys still have to do this summer?
Some future posts to watch for (and that I'm holding myself too):
1. My 4th Back to School Stitch Fix comes the 14th of July!
2. Owlcrate/LitCubes/ipsy/FOTMC boxes from June and July
3. My Universal/Disney trips!
4. Short blurbs about my trainings! (New math adoption, tech camp, Kagan and Visible learning)
5. Classroom reveal for the 16-17 school year
6. Things I make for my classroom!

Wow! I'm excited to pursue my blogging journey! It's good to know that there are posts to be excited about!
Happy Summer Teacher Friends!
You're appreciated!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment